wishing all the gorgeous a very Happy & Safe Holi...
Few tips for skin care during the madness of Holi...
- use natural colors if possible.
- apply generous amount of herbal oil,coconut or mustard on your whole body so that the color doesn't seeps into your skin& becomes easy to remove. yes of course a tad bit of color does stay back but its ok.. it will fade away.
- harmful colors strip natural sheen & luster from hair so generously oiling your hair is the key.
- conditioning your hair after a wash is must.
- Dont forget your beautiful nails even.. what i do is apply thick coat of nail paint to avoid color stains & shield them.
- Also apply waterproof sunscreen lotion on skin after letting the oil absorb for 15 minutes. This will prevent UV rays from doing harm to skin.
- wear clothes with maximum skin coverage.
- wear a scarf round your head to cover your hair.
- wash off wet colors asap after playing holi so that it doesn't settles on your skin.
- if colors get into your eyes wash with clean water time & again, but never rub your eyes always splash water..
- be gentle on your skin as the powder of those colors are not milled fine so rubbing while cleaning your body may cause fine scratches & irritation.
- if the colors doesn't fades add little curd in two spoon of lime juice, and apply it on the areas having color. Then take a bath with normal or a little warm water!!
- you can even use ubtan- a mixture of besan+curd+lemon juice to remove color easily.
- dont forget to moisturize your body & face after bath.