I have been wanting to do this tutorial since a very long time, but laziness was always creeping into me! So today I finally thought that I will do it come what may!
So today Il share with you how I get my Perfect looking Red Lips!
- Lip scrub. No mine is not VOV lipscrub, it is a DIY crushed sugar & honey scrub kept in an empty VOV lip balm jar.
- Your favorite hydrating lipbalm. i used Maybelline Baby Lips in Antioxidant Berry
- Your favorite Red lipstick. I choose to use MAC Ruby Woo
- A red lip liner, Jordana Sedona Red
- Concealer lighter than your skin tone or any concealer that you have, I used NYX concealer in a Jar in Medium
- a small detailer brush/ concealer brush
- Tissue paper
- highlighter, or any highlighting eye shadow you have. I used Colorbar Baked Shimmer Blush in Hint of a Tint
- So 1st you should exfoliate your lips using a sugar lip scrub or any other lip scrub that you are using.
- See how soft & smooth it looks!
- Apply your favorite lipbalm. Leave it on for 5-10mins. Till the time your lips are getting hydrated, you can continue with your whole face makeup. You can skip applying lipbalm if you choose to wear a very creamy & hydrating lipstick.
- Then, blot the excess lipbalm as you don't want heavy cakey feeling lips after the lipstick is applied.
- Swipe the lipstick wearing only 1 layer
- Blot off the excess lipstick with a tissue paper. This helps the 2nd layer of lipstick to stay longer.
- Line the lips. Remeber to smile while lining the lips as it becomes easier to line & get the perfect shape.
- Apply the lipstick. 1-2 coats to achieve the best color.
- Line the outside of the lips with the concealer. This will brighten up the lip area & make it look even more perfect & full pout.
- Blend it with your finger. Be careful not to smudge the lipliner.
- Pop your index finger in the mouth & gently close the mouth & pull it out. This will take off the excess lipstick from the inside of your lips so it wont transfer on your teeth.
- & finally put some highlighter on the cupids bow & middle of your lips to make it look ever more pouter & full! You can also add some red gloss instead only on the middle area to add more shine.
If you are Fair/ Pale: See something with a cool/ blue undertone.
If you are Medium/ Beige: See lipstciks with yellow/ orange undertone. You can wear a cool undertone lipstick too!
If you are Olive/ Dark: Again a warm red is to go for. But even cool reds will look good on you!
& Thats it!
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial & hope it helped you in some way!
do you like wearing a Red Lips?